Attorney Lauren Powell is the founder and President of Powell Law Offices, P.C. In addition to advocating for our clients every day, Lauren is an Adjunct Professor at the University of North Texas School of Law, and Lauren is Nationally Board Certified in Consumer Bankruptcy Law through the American Board of Certification, which is a process that required recommendations from judges and attorneys, as well as passing a difficult exam. Lauren is a sought after panelist and speaker at national and local legal conferences and is known for her depth of knowledge, friendly personality, and tenacious courtroom advocacy on behalf of our clients.
Lauren has been fighting for and representing individuals and small business owners for over 17 years. Lauren concentrates her practice in the areas of divorce, child custody, child support, modification, enforcement, family law, bankruptcy, and estate planning. Lauren has accumulated a thorough knowledge of financial and business matters from her bankruptcy practice, which assists her in providing skilled representation in divorce cases involving complex and valuable assets, as well as potential business division issues and tax issues.
Lauren is very passionate about what she does, and is committed to obtaining the best results for her clients. Lauren believes that there is a time for negotiation and a time to fight, and guides her clients on their way to an excellent resolution of their legal issues. Lauren understands that legal issues are very stressful to deal with, and is committed to taking the stress out of it. Lauren’s past clients often remark on how friendly and easy Lauren is to deal with, and the high level of personal service she provides to all her clients.
Honors and Awards
- Client Service and Satisfaction Award, Martindale Hubbell, 2015-present
- Moot Court: Third Best Brief Writer (Out of Fifty Students)
- Moot Court: Third Best Brief Writing Team (Out of Twenty-Five Teams)
- Moot Court:Numerous Oral Argument Awards and Recognition
- Wayne State University Law School, Detroit, Michigan - J.D. - 2001
Moot Court: Executive Board Member: Director of Outside Competitions
President, Wayne State University Student Alumni Association
Presidential Academic (Full) Scholarship
Anthony Maiullo Memorial Academic Scholarship
Journal of Law in Society, Managing Editor
- Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan - B.A.
magna cum laude
Phi Beta Kappa
Golden Key National Honor Society
Phi Eta Sigma National Honor Society Political Science
Professional & Bar Association Memberships
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of Michigan
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Collin County Bar Association
- Dallas County Bar Association
- Tarrant County Bar Association
- Past Board of Directors, Women Attorneys Section of the Tarrant County Bar Association
Search This Site
- 1 Free Consultation
- 2 Over a Decade of Experience
- 3 Affordable Rates